Trust Me, I'm a Professional

Why don't people think this is a legitimate job?

About a week ago I was golfing...yes golfing with a friend of mine and his father-in-law. Now don't get me wrong, the father-in-law is a great guy and his daughter happens to be a very talented singer on our worship team so this isn't a complaint about him, its about everyone...that doesn't sound good. O well. So we had finished our golf game and were driving back home and he asked, "so what do you do?" Trying to keep myself poised I said "well, I'm the worship pastor at Bay Hills Community Church." I'm sure he was a bit embarrassed after that since he had been to the church several times but it made me think, "why does nobody think this is a real job?" No one goes to the Dentist and then sees him at the grocery store and says "so what do you do?" I guess it just seems like its not that big of a deal or its easy to be a worship pastor but to everyone out there who is wondering, this is my full-time job. I don't do anything else but this. I am one of the lucky people who gets to do exactly what I want to do and get paid for it. Amazing? Yes. But true.

Thank you Blogger for allowing me a vent.


|

1 comments:

Jared McCrory said...

I thought you still worked at Big 10.