Fantasy Football Is Unspiritual

Yesterday, I got one of the funniest emails I've gotten in a long time. It came from a good friend of mine who is involved in our "Bay Hills Tithers" fantasy football league. It brought me to the conclusion that Fantasy Football is unspiritual. Read this, and you will come to the same conclusion.

As some of you are aware, I have been on a long personal journey to clarify my beliefs in the Lord. Some of you reading this note have assisted me, including suggestions of people I should speak to, books I should read, sermons I should listen to, etc. I have also been told I should specifically seek out some fellow parishioners to observe how they have been able to interpret the facts of the Bible, the stories of Jesus' trials & His followers descriptions, & come to the conclusions that have made them strong believers.

Encouragingly, I was also invited to join this fantasy league, which includes none other than, the Lead Pastor, the Worship Pastor, the Youth Pastor, a Worship Band member, an Elder, and other high-ranking Bay Hills loud-mouths. Surely, I should be able to learn from this gathering of unwavering, sensable Christians.

Alas.... this same group took the following facts...

He has won 5 in a row...
...eight in a row dating back to last season.
He has won 14 of 16 going back to last year.
He is the two-time defending champ.
Pastor Dave is in 1st Place this season.
He is the overall points leader this season.

... and NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3, NOT 4, BUT 5 (FIVE) OF YOU CAME TO THE CONCLUSION (AND VOTED) THAT DAVE WOULD LOSE THIS WEEK!!!!

If half of my spiritual mentors can look at the facts, decifer the trends, then predict the odds so mistakenly, then I can only come to one conclusion myself.... POKER AT MY HOUSE THIS SATURDAY!!! BRING CASH


This is absolutely true but my defense for my vote is that I had faith that God would make Dave (Fasold: our lead pastor) lose if I believed. The way to show I believed was voting against him. It literally took miraculously terrible play from Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs for Dave to win. So, apparently our ways are not His ways and our thoughts are not His thoughts. I think I read that somewhere at some point.


|